Are you ready to lead a life-changing experience for interns?
At Tōtara Springs Christian Centre (TSCC), we believe in practically demonstrating the love and compassion of Jesus through providing excellence in everything that we do. Our gifted and motivated team has the privilege of creating unforgettable memories for groups of people all year round.
You will contribute to the present and future culture of our amazing organisation by sharing God's love to each person who visits. This is an opportunity to join an organisation that leads and inspires the youth of tomorrow, a place where life-changing experiences happen every day.
Tōtara Springs is the largest ministry of its kind in New Zealand and is the ultimate venue for church retreats, school camps, sports activities, business conferences, artistic events, holiday camps and family reunions. We are situated in a beautiful setting, nestled at the foot of the Kaimai mountain ranges in Matamata. There are 90 acres of park-like grounds and native bush with streams, walks and bush trails. We have a large indoor sports and activity centre and breakaway areas, as well as a large hot pool fed by natural springs. We have guests of all ages who travel from afar to enjoy our beautiful setting and outstanding hospitality.
About the role:
This is a full-time position as part of the Ministry Development team at Tōtara Springs.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Develop and manage the internship program to create life-changing and growth experiences for the interns.
- Establish relationships with churches and other organisations to promote leadership, volunteer and internship opportunities.
- Support the planning and delivery of Ministry Camps.
- Assist the development of Leaders in Training (LIT’s).
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain the strategy for the internship programme
- Promote the internship programme and recruit interns
- Create and maintain the internship schedule
- Meet regularly with the interns to get feedback, address challenges, track progress and identify growth areas
- Collaborate with external providers in planning and delivering activities
- Support the Ministry Programme Coordinator in planning and delivering Ministry Camps and other relevant events
- Assist with the recruitment of volunteers
- Build partnerships with external organisations to promote opportunities and recruit leaders and volunteers for TSCC
You value the delivery of high-quality guest experiences. You are not afraid to take initiative and roll up your sleeves to work through your task list.
You have the following attributes:
- Hard-working and efficient
- Dynamic and creative
- Team player
You fulfil the following requirements:
- Previous experience in leading and developing an internship programme and/or similar ministry programmes
- Experience in recruiting and leading volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Programme or event strategy and planning expertise
- Project management and event delivery expertise
We know there is someone out there who loves people and is a superstar in leading interns and volunteers. If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background checks required under the Children's Act as part of pre-employment screening. Our ideal candidate will share a commitment and enthusiasm towards the Christian faith.
Applicants must be permitted to work in New Zealand or able to obtain working rights.
Please provide at least 3 references.
- 1 Pastoral
- 1 Employer/Teacher
- 1 Friend