Need a job with more meaning?
Want to contribute to excellent financial and administration services?
At Tōtara Springs Christian Centre (TSCC), we believe in practically demonstrating the love and compassion of Jesus through providing excellence in everything that we do. Our gifted and motivated team has the privilege of creating unforgettable memories for groups of people all year round.
You will contribute to the present and future culture of our amazing organisation and sharing God's love. This is an opportunity to join an organisation that lead and inspire the youth of tomorrow, a place where life-changing experiences happen every day.
Tōtara Springs is the largest centre of its kind in New Zealand and is the ultimate venue for church retreats, school camps, sports activities, business conferences, artistic events, holiday camps and family reunions. We are situated in a beautiful setting, nestled at the foot of the Kaimai mountain ranges in Matamata. There are 37 hectares of park-like grounds and native bush with streams, walks and bush trails. We have a large indoor sports and activity centre and breakaway areas, as well as a large hot pool fed by natural springs. We have guests of all ages who travel from afar to enjoy our beautiful setting and outstanding hospitality.
About the role:
This is a full-time position as part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) at Tōtara Springs.
The purpose of the role is to:
• Provide excellent financial and administration services for the Company and the Trust
• Manage obligations to team members, suppliers, customers and third-party vendors
• Prepare and process employee compensation
Core Skills Required:
• a full understanding of accrual accounting
• proficiency in:
Ideal to have or quickly acquire proficiency in:
• Xero Payroll
• Xero Projects
• V360 (CRM)
Your duties will include but not limited to:
• Generating and compiling financial reports, including budgets, cash flow, forecasts etc.
• Report on financial performance against budget.
• Performs day-to-day financial tasks including:
o Full responsibility for payroll activities.
o Accounts Administration (Debtors/Creditors)
• Responsible for keeping employee documentation up to date.
• Administration of recruitment process from start to finish.
You value the delivery of high-quality services. You are not afraid to take initiative and roll up your sleeves to work through your task list.
You have the following attributes:
• Hard-working and efficient
• Detail orientated
You fulfil the following requirements:
• Relevant vocational or academic qualification.
• Experience working in a financial role.
• Competent user of Microsoft office and accounting tools and systems. We use Xero for accounting payroll.
• Experience in financial reporting.
• Good communication skills.
• Good time-management skills.
We know there is someone out there who would like to join our Senior Leadership Team while serving a higher purpose. If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background checks required under the Children's Act as part of pre-employment screening. Our ideal candidate will share a commitment and enthusiasm towards the Christian faith.
Please provide at least 3 references.
- 1 Pastoral
- 1 Employer/Teacher
- 1 Friend