Need a cleaning job with more meaning?
Wanting to work in a supportive environment?
At Tōtara Springs Christian Centre (TSCC), we believe in practically demonstrating the love and compassion of Jesus through providing excellence in everything that we do. Our gifted and motivated team has the privilege of creating unforgettable memories for groups of people all year round.
You will contribute to the present and future culture of our amazing organisation and sharing God's love. This is an opportunity to join an organisation that lead and inspire the youth of tomorrow, a place where life-changing experiences happen every day.
Tōtara Springs is the largest centre of its kind in New Zealand and is the ultimate venue for church retreats, school camps, sports activities, business conferences, artistic events, holiday camps and family reunions. We are situated in a beautiful setting, nestled at the foot of the Kaimai mountain ranges in Matamata. There are 90 acres of park-like grounds and native bush with streams, walks and bush trails. We have a large indoor sports and activity centre and breakaway areas, as well as a large hot pool fed by natural springs. We have guests of all ages who travel from afar to enjoy our beautiful setting and outstanding hospitality.
About the role:
This is a full-time position as part of the housekeeping team at Tōtara Springs.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Provide excellent cleaning services to our guests
- Assist in the preparation of accommodation
- Provide assistance in the completing of the annual cleaning plan
Your duties will include but not limited to:
- Ensuring that accommodation and public areas are clean and tidy
- Help to maintain stock levels
- Ensure that property is well maintained
- Performing general cleaning duties like window cleaning, vacuuming, laundry etc.
- Comply with Health & Safety policy and standards
You value the delivery of high-quality guest experience and great customer service. You are not afraid to take initiative and roll up your sleeves to work through your task list.
You have the following attributes:
- Hard-working and efficient
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable
You fulfil the following requirements:
- Previous experience in housekeeping is desired but not required
- A good eye for detail
- Good time-management skills
- The ability to respond to competing priorities
We know there is someone out there who would like to clean while serving a higher purpose. If the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background checks required under the Children's Act as part of pre-employment screening. Our ideal candidate will share a commitment and enthusiasm towards the Christian faith.
Due to international travel restrictions, applicants must be currently living in New Zealand and be permitted to work in New Zealand.
Please provide at least 3 references. Not family please
- 1 Pastoral
- 1 Employer/Teacher
- 1 Friend